Aberdeen research has shown that there is 90% of one billion plus turnover companies are looking to or are deploying SOA.
These companies will need large budgets to move on to the SOA bandwagon with 40% of their IT budgets going to making this big leap.
There are three camps emerging
From the SOA ERP camp Aberdeen expects mostly Mid-Size Companies and some Large and Small Companies to opt into this category based on the following characteristics:
• The ERP vendor is a trusted supplier to the organization, and the relationship is
• Business processes revolve around the ERP application software’s features, and
there are modest integration challenges with applications surrounding the ERP
• A strong desire to get more intelligence out of the ERP application without extensive
custom programming due to limited skills or resources;
• Service-level expectations are in line with existing SLAs for the ERP package;
Enterprise Service Bus: An SOA Middleware Foundation
• Willingness to live with the SOA product features and development cycle of the
• Business transformation outside the limits of the ERP package are modest or not